May 4, 2008

What a Difference...

a Lens makes! I got my Mother's Day present early (yesterday) and it was a Nikon 70-300mm lens with Vibration Reduction. We then proceeded to go hiking and of course, we didn't see any wildlife, but I took alot of nature photos (flowers, trees, etc). It's an awesome lens and I can see the difference already with my photos.



















On another note, we went to the Photography Show in Toronto on Friday---it was what I expected. Lots of booths with companies selling their wares, Henry's was the biggest seller of goods-of course, they sponsored it. We went to a workshop about getting good wildlife photos and the presenter was awesome-lots of good tips to consider! That's the only workshop we went to because by 1pm, everyone was getting bored (except me!). I didn't buy anything...We got free tickets from Henry's, so we didn't feel we needed to stay there long to get our money's worth!

We then proceeded to the mall in Scarborough, which was fun too!

Since I had saved up a few extra dollars to go to the Photography Show and didn't buy anything, when we were at Henry's on Saturday, I purchased an SB-600 Flash unit for my camera--it's pretty cool, but I haven't used it very much, mostly because I've been taking outdoor pics and don't feel I need it there yet.

Here's a pic of a couple of ducks we saw by the Napanee River today.... (I focused on the female in the background, so that is why the male isn't in focus...)

No comments: