November 22, 2008

At Long Last...

Whoo Hoo!! I finally traded in my old D40 and got a D90. I've been doing research for the last couple of weeks and decided on getting the 90 instead of the 80...course, now we have to eat kraft dinner for a couple of weeks..haha just kidding. (But I did tell the kids that.)

I also got a more versatile lens for it as well ---18mm-105mm (with vibration reduction too). My last one was only 18-55mm, so this one will be a great addition along with my zoom (70-300mm).

The new camera has quite a few neat features that include:

12.3 megapixels
11 autofocus points
3" LCD screen
Live view of pictures
Video mode
shoots 4.5 frames per second

and on and on...Wow..it is going to take me awhile to figure some of these out. I'm just waiting for the battery to charge and then I'm off to learn, learn, learn! I did buy a DVD that takes you through all the features which will help as I had one for the d40 as well.

Here is a shot of my new toy that I took with Brookie's Canon and then Brookie took a pic of me playing around with it...

I won't be able to add any new pics until Tuesday because I'm travelling again tomorrow for work...this time to Toronto!

More soon....


















5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I WANT IT

Anonymous said...

Hi,
It's a pretty cool toy and I'm enjoying learning how to use it. It's similar to my last one, but has a lot of new things too!

Take care!

Anonymous said...

is it hard to use?...it is really pretty ...I WANT IT!!!!!

Anonymous said...

it's a bit more complicated than my last one, but it's not to hard to use...just have to find the buttons if they moved them!

Anonymous said...

oh haha...IT STILL PRETTY!!