December 23, 2008

A Quick Post....

to let you know I'm still alive, just busy wrapping, wrapping, wrapping!

We went to see the Ottawa Senators play at Scotiabank Place on Saturday for my birthday and stayed overnight too. We met up with my friend, Anne for brunch and visited with her while we watched the snow come down and blow around. We were thinking about staying over another night because the snow was so heavy, but then about 2pm, it cleared right up and wasn't nearly as bad, so we headed home. It took us 3.5hours, but we got home, safe and sound. Traffic was pretty good, given the road conditions and we only saw 1 accident--a jack-knifed tractor trailer between Kingston and Napanee. The snow did start up again in Gananoque, but we just took it easy!

Anyway, today, I'm just adding a picture of the scoreboard showing that Ottawa beat the Dallas Stars in overtime. Considering how badly they've played lately, it was pretty great to see them win while we were there! I had to use Brooke's camera as SLRs are not allowed at Scotiabank Place, so I'm not sure of the quality!

No comments: