June 6, 2014

Algonquin Adventures, Pt.1

Welcome Back!

This time I'm starting to highlight the photos from Algonquin Park. We headed up there for a day trip on the Sunday of the May long weekend. Kev, Keturah, Zeek and I hit the road early. We did lots of driving and hiked 3 or 4 trails and ended up in Huntsville for dinner, ice cream for dessert at the Kawartha Dairy and then the long trip home. It wasn't as tiring as I thought it would be, doing all that in one day. 

The first two moose pictures below show a moose that was far away, off the road, south of Bancroft...I was so excited to see it, because we've only ever seen them within the Algonquin Park boundaries, other than down East, that is!

The rest of the photos were taken at our first hiking adventure--at the Logging Trail Museum. Usually get quite scenic photos, but today's were a little gray-looking as it was overcast off and on most of the day with some "spitting" in there as well! :-)

This week has been quiet..Zeek got his haircut, so he looks so skinny now and I can see his eyes! Brooke and I did some errands and some shopping today.

Tomorrow the girlies and I are heading to Watertown for some retail therapy for the day and on Sunday we are heading to Peterborough to visit Emily and see her new apartment! Should be a fun weekend!

Have a great weekend!
 








No comments: