January 24, 2015

Ferry to Grand Manan

Welcome Back!

This time I'm highlighting some photos from the Ferry to Grand Manan. You have to catch the ferry at Black's Harbour, which is a small town about 40mins from Saint John, NB. When we got there, we found out that the ferry was delayed as the one ferry was getting repaired and they didn't know when it would be fixed. That left one ferry doing all the traffic...which was maddening...we had about a 2hr wait. Luckily it was low-tide, so we went out and explored and the girls and Cindy and Les were collecting rocks, porcelain, bottles, etc. Keturah found a cool coke bottle, which must have been there for years.

When we finally got on the ferry it was getting dark, I think it was around 7:30. It also started raining along the way too, which is the first time it's ever done that for us...I'm sure it happens alot, but not in the 6 trips there did we have to deal with it! :-)

The first photo below is a photo of a fishing boat heading into the harbour. I love seeing the fishing boats...I always feel like I'm at home when I see one!:-) A few photos of the lighthouses along the way and some photos of the sky...It was amazing before the rain started and we had to go inside! The last photo is that of Swallowtail Lighthouse, which is when you know you've arrived when you see that. It was about 9pm when we got there, so the photo isn't the best...tripod was in the van somewhere!

Well, another week went speeding by this week...I finished the Informational Design course and started Adobe Fireworks..it's going good so far...It's another software program...Mmmm how many can my brain hold...:-)

On Friday, my day off, I went to my bestie's house, Melissa S. She's a web designer and was giving me a lot of information...I'm glad I took my notepad to make notes...it was like being in school, only we got to go to Boston Pizza for lunch! :-) While I was in Belleville, I got my car looked at and it might not be as bad as I thought, it's just a valve that it needs..thank goodness...It will get fixed next week when the part comes in!

Enjoy your week!










No comments: