April 19, 2015

Swallowtail Lighthouse, Grand Manan Island, NB

Swallowtail Lighthouse, Grand Manan Island, NB


Welcome Back! This time I have some photos of a beautiful area and the most photographed on Grand Manan Island! This is the Swallowtail Lighthouse and the landmark of the Island. It's such a beautiful area....walk down a flight of stairs (going down is the easy part :-)) and then follow the trail to the lightkeepers house and all the trails around that lead to the edge of the cliffs. There are also benches where you can sit and watch the ferry, the kayakers, the seals and fishing weirs! That's what I hope to do when I retire there! :-)

Today's photos include the lighthouse, some views from the trail down to the lighthouse, some kayakers going by, a fishing weir and Long Island ( I think!) in the background. These photos make me want to pack and go there right now! :-)

Well, this week went by quite fast..I say that every week! At School, I finished Dreamweaver II and wrote the exam and now I am doing a Web Practical Simulation course, which includes a little bit of everything we've learned so far...lots of fun!

Friday, I spent most of the day working on my own small business website stuff...there's still lots to do! :-)

This week/weekend we've been busy spring cleaning and Kevin's been hard at work putting in laminate flooring in all the upstairs bedrooms. So our house is more of a mess than it usually is! :-) I'll be glad when it's finished!

Today I went to an open house for Sunset Gourmet Foods. I am doing some website/social media work for a consultant in Kingston, so she invited me to come and try the new products! Yummy!

Have a great week!

No comments: